Re: [rdiff-backup-users] changed file format?

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] changed file format?
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:50:48 +1000

Ben Escoto wrote:

The file formats should be exactly the same between versions.  I think
you are right, the problem may have to do with the time.  Perhaps
v0.12.6 cannot find the metadata file because it is looking under the
wrong time.  Without the metadata file it cannot list-changed-since,
and also warns about this when backing up.

I think you have struck in the problem with windows restoring and comparing Ben. is there a way we can make the time stamp more windows friendly at the same time? there is a wiki question about it as well

http://rdiff-backup.solutionsfirst.com.au/index.php/CygwinToLinux

http://rdiff-backup.solutionsfirst.com.au/index.php/NativeWindowsPort

dave