Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restoring a folder. Uid not correct

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restoring a folder. Uid not correct
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 21:14:27 -0400

> I have found a problem when I was doing a restore, regarding the uid and
> gid information.

Hmm, what version are you running, and what are the OSes and
filesystems on both sides?  Is there anything unusual about your
system?  Any warnings or strange messages?

You're restoring as root right?  Just checking.

> When I restored the home folder with 4 users, as /home to /home, the
> first user had the correct uid's, and the others all had the same uid's
> as the first user.

It would be super-helpful if this mistake were replicable on a toy
example: say a directory with just two files in it, one owned by one
user and one owned by another user.

--
Ben Escoto