Re: [rdiff-backup-users]-- rdiff-backup abandoned? rdiff-backup crash

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users]-- rdiff-backup abandoned? rdiff-backup crash
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 15:37:58 -0700

> I've been on this list for at least a month and so far have never
> seen any helpful responses or plans for bug fixes beyond the
> faq/wiki help. Is this project abandoned?  Are there any developers
> out there or should I look for a more supported project?  Thanks!

Hi, just read your message.  I intend to maintain rdiff-backup for the
long term (and will let everyone know otherwise), but may not always
respond to posts in a timely way.

In the short term I should have time.  I am catching up on the mailing
list and will respond to the posts in the last month that have quick
answers.  Probably no one cares about older posts that have quick
answers.

Unfortunately a number of posts (from up to 6 months ago) indicate
possible bugs in rdiff-backup and are unprocessed.  I'll attempt to
work through these, although it is possible they will accumulate
faster than they are processed.

(P.S.  I finally submitted my dissertation and have a job for next
year.)

--
Ben Escoto