[rdiff-backup-users] Simple use help

From: Laurent GUERBY
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Simple use help
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:36:55 +0100

Hi,

I have a list of files and directories I want to backup in a file
relative to a fixed directory (here /home):

$ cat /tmp/list.txt
user1/.bashrc
user1/.emacs
user1/work
user1/bin
user2/.emacs
user2/private
user2/src/project

Up to now I used

$ cd /home; tar cfz /mnt/drive/backup-YYYYMMDD.tgz $(cat /tmp/list.txt)

to backup data, and I'd like to use rdiff-backup to do the work.

The problem is that I'm unable to come up with a command line
without getting "Exiting because this probably isn't what you meant."
from rsync-backup :). I looked at the examples in the web
site documentation, they all do more complicated things than
what I want, and it looks like I'm not able to "simplify" them.

Any help welcomed,

Laurent