Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup in a Windows Environment.

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup in a Windows Environment.
Date: 10 Dec 2003 15:45:14 +1100

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 14:55, Brian Moses wrote:
> Whenever I try and run the setup.py it gets quite angry, I get a host
> of errors starting with “librsyncmodule.c” error messages.

Hi Brian,
I did the same and the problem I found was that librsync was in the
wrong place.
I fixed by in cygwin adding a symlink between /usr/lib and wherever
librync kept its files... or vice versa.
or maybe I just copied the librync files into the main cygwin lib
directory.
Anyway, I found that part of the FAQ pretty irrelevant. after I got
librsync in the right place it worked.
however I still haven't figured out how to get ssh keys to work on a
FAT32 filesystem. NTFS should be fine. FAT32 doesn't allow ssh to check
the permissions on the filesystem. I need to solve this and will work on
it closer to Christmas - I am busy building the server and speccing out
a web frontend to rdiff-backup now

dave