Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: what can I do if all goes wrong

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: what can I do if all goes wrong?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:30:10 -0800

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:28:22 +0100 Troels Arvin <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I assume the metadata file is there, but it has the wrong
> > timezone?
>
> Not really. Or, at least I don't think so. I have attached the output of
> "ls -l" of the backup directory.

I think your listing is missing some lines.  For instance there are no
current_mirror files listed.

> > Alternately, you could do the usual workaround of deleting/moving the
> > older current mirror and the new metadata file.
>
> I don't know that trick. Could you elaborate a bit on that?

Sorry, I thought it was in the FAQ but I just saw that mirror_metadata
point wasn't described.  But I've updated the entry, see:

http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/FAQ.html#regress_failure

What I should have done was just have an option to rdiff-backup for it
to do this automatically, but the idea was that regressing shouldn't
fail and no one would need to move the files around manually.

--
Ben Escoto