[rdiff-backup-users] Exception 'AF_UNIX path too long'

From: Michael Stenner
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception 'AF_UNIX path too long'
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:35:08 -0400

For the last few days, I've been getting this error when doing
backups.  It does correspond (at least approximately) with the
creation of the problematic files.

  Exception 'AF_UNIX path too long' raised of class 'socket.error'

I'm running rdiff-backup on a server and ssh-ing to "bauble" with the
following command:

rdiff-backup --sleep-ratio 0.5 bauble::/home /export2/backup/bauble-home

Just now, I inserted -v9 before --sleep-ratio and got the attached
output.  Actually, this is only the end... -v9 REALLy does give you
lots of info.  The full output is available if necessary, but I'd
prefer not to provide a complete listing of /home :)

Note that the .crossover directory is not present in the homedir (and
wasn't at the time of this backup.

Red Hat Linux 7.3
rdiff-backup-0.10.1-1
librsync-0.9.5.1-2
python2-2.2-16

Any ideas?

                                        -Michael

Note: I realize that I could probably just remove the backup dir and
start over, but this looks like a bug, so I thought I'd bring it here.

--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       address@hidden