Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff "libgdkxft.so" installation dependency er

From: Stelios K. Kyriacou
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff "libgdkxft.so" installation dependency error
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:29:33 -0400

This is on redhat73
I had the same trouble and i now realize that maybe installing from source
rpm may be better. Nevetheless the rpm libgcc-3.2-4.i386.rpm seems to
do what you were trying to do without problems

To summarize, i had to install the following rpm:

gdkxft-1.4-1.i386.rpm
libgcc-3.2-4.i386.rpm
librsync-0.9.5.1-2.i386.rpm
rdiff-backup-0.10.1-1.i386.rpm

Hope it helps

By the way, I just tried rdiff-backup and it seems quite useful for having
lots of very cheap snapshots. My thanks to Ben Escoto.

Stelios