qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Adding canyonlands/460EX support to QEMU in qemu-system-p

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Adding canyonlands/460EX support to QEMU in qemu-system-ppc
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 02:17:18 +0100

On 25.02.2013, at 21:19, Allen Kneser wrote:

>  > Correct. But if you have a canyonlands board you can run KVM on that one
> and execute a lot of the instructions natively.
>
> I see :) Unfortunately, this would defeat my purpose of emulating a
> canyonlands without buying one.

Why would you want to do kernel development for the canyonlands board without
having one?

QEMU will not be 100% accurate in its emulation, so it'd be a bad idea to not
verify that what you did actually works on real hardware. You can also ignore
any performance indications you might get out of the emulation - it's very very
skewed.

Alex