Re: [QEMU 7.2.0] Emulating custom peripheral designed for qemu 4.0.0

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [QEMU 7.2.0] Emulating custom peripheral designed for qemu 4.0.0
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 13:04:22 +0100

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 at 12:51, Fenix GDH <fenixgdh@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on emulating some soho router firmwares, but most of them use
> SoCs not supported by qemu. I found the Firmguide, where the authors
> implemented some specific devices on QEMU 4.0.0 in order to emulate linux
> kernel. I'm trying to import these devices to the latest QEMU, but I got
> several compiling errors.

> I noticed some functions syntax changed from version 4.0.0 to 7.2.0.
> Now I'm trying to parse it manually, but is there any documentation
> that can help this migration?

No, we don't document internal API changes like this. You can
usually find out how to change the code by looking through the
git history or git blame information for where the change to the
API was made to see how other boards were changed. And some
fixes are simple -- for instance your issue with serial_hd()
not being declared is likely just a missing #include line.

thanks