re: dropping 32-bit host support

From: Andrew Randrianasulu
Subject: re: dropping 32-bit host support
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 03:57:36 +0300

Looking at https://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/8.0

===
System emulation on 32-bit x86 and ARM hosts has been deprecated. The QEMU project no longer considers 32-bit x86 and ARM support for system emulation to be an effective use of its limited resources, and thus intends to discontinue.

 ==

well, I guess arguing from memory-consuption point on 32 bit x86 hosts (like my machine where I run 32 bit userspace on 64 bit kernel) is not going anywhere, but what about 32bit userspace on Android tablets, either via Limbo emulator or qemu itself in Termux?

At least I hope it will be not *actively* (intentionally) broken, just ...unsupported (so users who know how to run git revert still will get their build for some more time).