debugging guest os running atop of eqmu+kvm

From: daggs
Subject: debugging guest os running atop of eqmu+kvm
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 10:03:26 +0100

Greetings,

I have a libvirt+kvm+qemu setup running libreelec as guest.
latest guest os update exposed a bug which joins another bug existing already
(one I've worked around for now).
the two bugs are as follows:
1. when the nic is set to virtio, dhcp isn't acquired, manual ip config doesn't
work too.
2. the system is stuttering every few seconds, even in ssh.

dmesg has no visible errors, top on the vm and atop on the host doesn't show
cpu and memory usage that might explain it.
so I'm left with a bug in the os, I assume that I'm not the first one
encountering this issue, so I'd like to know if there are recommendation what
to nable in guest?
I can rebuild the system entirely and change anything I want in the kernel. the
guest kernel is 6.1.14

Thanks,

Dagg