Create a Virtual NVME Disk

From: Sai Kiran Kumar Reddy Y
Subject: Create a Virtual NVME Disk
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:42:54 +0530

Hi,

I am Sai Kiran. I have built qemu from source on a Linux based machine. I want to create a virtual NVME disk on my system, using QEMU. The documentation I have seen in QEMU so far discusses providing a virtual nvme disk to a VM. I do not want to give the virtual nvme to a VM. I want it on my host. In other words, I want to see the virtual NVME disk under /dev folder.

I could not create the virtual nvme disk using the qemu-img command. I have just started working with QEMU, to create virtual disks. I am not quite sure how to create a virtual nvme disk on the host itself, using qemu. It would be of great help to me if someone could show me how to do this.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

--
Regards,
Sai Kiran.