qemu client blocks host from inactivity screen power off

From: Tom Sullivan
Subject: qemu client blocks host from inactivity screen power off
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:26:21 +0000

Hello!

Please reply to me personally (as well as the list if need be) as I have
not subscribed.

Something (Qemu?) is making my Debian 11, LXDE guest unable to power off
the (virtual) monitor. In a fashion similar to VirtualBox on other
machines, this inhibits the host from sensing inactivity and powering
off the host monitor. Searching your docs and wiki and general searching
does not reveal the cause. Tried without success:

searching all over

installing xfce4-power-manager (while still running LXDE). It appears to
function in the GUI, but it does not have the desired effect.

systemctl enable upower.service

systemctl restart upower.service

pause the guest

click on options so it hides the guest monitor

minimize the guest

using command line xset, but it does not seem to allow for lack of dpms
enabling, but I do not know how to solve that one.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tom Sullivan

--
Tom@SullivanInUSA.com
FAX: 815-301-2835
More info is at www.esig.beforgiven.info
Do you believe this? Copy this signature into your email program
and use the Internet to spread the Great News every time you email.