Emulated usb keyboard on xhci does not take in host keyboard input

From: Xialin Liu
Subject: Emulated usb keyboard on xhci does not take in host keyboard input
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 15:11:50 +0000

Hello, all

I use

-device qemu-xhci,id=xhci -device usb-kbd,bus=xhci.0 -device usb-mouse,bus=xhci.0

To emulate a keyboard and a mouse on qemu, which is setup in a linux VM. The xhci successfully detect the keyboard and the mouse, but when I press my keyboard there is no event generated in the xhci event ring, so I suspect that the virtual usb keyboard is not taking my physical keyboard input. I wonder is there any other configuration I need to setup to use by laptop’s keyboard as the usb keyboard in qemu?

Thank you all and have a nice day.