Fwd: fbdev2

From: Kjell
Subject: Fwd: fbdev2
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 09:56:06 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for your time. That is indeed what I am looking for yes, but directFB hasn't been developed for 6 years now. And from reading about the topic, SDL was buggy and had some issues. (some other project tried to do the same with only SDL that directFB did) From what I can understand, those techs are obsolete for normal use and there is no development in that direction.

This lead me to think fbdev2 might be the right direction, if it is possible to use it for the purposes of qemu. It is actively maintained by gstreamer, and I don't suspect that will change.

Not knowing the exact details of the requirements of qemu in such a situation, and the abilities of fbdev2, I can't imagine if it can and will work, or not. But if it could, it seems like it would be a worthwhile solid solution. Both gstreamer and qemu are well supported projects.

Kind regards,
Kjell