Odd WPHX issue

From: Jim Borden
Subject: Odd WPHX issue
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 09:00:37 +0000

Hello All,

I'm trying to speed up an operating system I am developing for fun by using the WHPX accelerator but I'm having a lot of issues with it.  It quickly faults and that's the end of things.  I'd like to debug it but I can't because of the following:

I use a bootloader to load the kernel into the higher half (i.e. 0xffffffff8~~~~~) but if I use GBD it reports all the instructions being executed are 0x000000008~~~~~~ and so none of my breakpoints are hit.  Does anyone have any idea why this would be?  TCG works just fine but is much slower.

Thanks,
Jim