pause-break mapping for macbook pro laptop keyboard

From: Will Senn
Subject: pause-break mapping for macbook pro laptop keyboard
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2020 22:31:36 -0500

All,

Is there a way to map an existing key on my macbook to the dos/windows key pause-break for QEMU? I'd like to be able to press the equivalent of CTRL-BREAK in DOS while running in qemu and this doesn't seem straightforward. I can CTRL-C all day long and where that works, it's fine, but it isn't the same functionality as CTRL-BREAK. It seems logical that I should be able to tell the macbook to send a specific key to the qemu window, but I can't seem to locate any relevant help.

Is this possible (I've done it with dos-box-x, so I know it's possible, tricky to be sure)?

Thanks,

Will
--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF