QEMU plugin system

From: Kamil Garifullin
Subject: QEMU plugin system
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:35:39 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to create a plugin which will track an activity during a particular period of time.

Can I somehow send a signal from the guest to the instrumentation plugin?

For example, I want to boot linux, do some preparations, then start a targeted application and start my tracking. It can be both: do not inject instrumentation until special indication or just a special plugin event to set up some flags.

My thoughts were to have an event which will indicate that pmon was touched. It allows you to do all the preparations in the guest machine, then dump pmons as an indicator to start tracking and then run the target application.