Compatibility question between versions

From: Dylan BROCHET
Subject: Compatibility question between versions
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 17:15:48 +0200

Hi,

I've a question of compatibility between 2 versions of qemu (used with KVM on CentOS servers).

How a kvm guest with a qcow2 disk installed in qemu version 1.5.0 can work in qemu version 2.12.0 ? Is there backward compatibility ?

We currently use version 1.5.0 (CentOS 7) and we plan to use version 2.12.0 (CentOS 8), a guest seems to work after migration but I want to be sure that I haven't forgotten anything

Cordialement,