Re: Sam460Ex screen mode, audio and network

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: Sam460Ex screen mode, audio and network
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 16:58:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2020, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
Cc'ing the sam460ex maintainer.
On 6/1/20 8:01 PM, Andrea Palmatè wrote:
It is working on an i5 laptop. I've tried to use the native screen mode
1366x768 but it has some problems. It seems a stride problem and so is
not usable

I'm not sure if it's a problem on AmigaOS side or in emulation. How to reproduce this? Such resolution does not show up for me in ScreenMode prefs so cannot be simply selected.

OK I've got it. I think you've unticked default and set a custom width. This seems to set the width of frame buffer in memory but the mode the card is programmed to use is still the one selected from the list so this won't work. It seems to be either a bug in AmigaOS or the width option does not do what you may think. Maybe ask AmigaOS developers or aCube who wrote the driver about this. (Another known issue is that 24/32 bit modes are not available with the AmigaOS SM502 driver which would be needed for optimal performance with QEMU, the 16 bit mode it offers is much slower because it has to be converted on every display update.)

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan