Re: qcow2 - How Do We Backup To A Different Hard Drive?

From: Kent Dorfman
Subject: Re: qcow2 - How Do We Backup To A Different Hard Drive?
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 00:21:31 -0500

This is why folks need to grow beyond gui interfaces.  Are you a
member of the kvm group?

If so, then you need to open a terminal and manually copy the disk
image file whereever you want to save it.  Make sure the VM is shut
down first though.

and on a side note.  SCREAM FEROCIOUSLY if you don't have sudo admin
access on your own workstation.  Those kinds of corporate security
policies are bullshite!