Re: [Qemu-discuss] Multiple snapshots with one guest user

From: Aleksei
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Multiple snapshots with one guest user
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 18:35:08 +0300

I'm pretty sure you need to utilize differencing images rather than snapshots. How about this:

You installed windows guest using drive image file win.qcow2.

Then you create 1 file for each host user based on the same base file:

qemu-img create -o backing_file win.qcow2 win_for_user_1.qcow2

qemu-img create -o backing_file win.qcow2 win_for_user_2.qcow2

Then each user boots his VM using win_for_user_1.qcow2 or win_for_user_2.qcow2 respectively. Base file will not be modified, only those differencing images will be (check man qemu-img for more details on this). You can manage access to files via unix permissions on the host.

--Regards, Aleksei