Re: [Qemu-discuss] [problem]-starting a VM causes RT (latency) problem f

From: Yadi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] [problem]-starting a VM causes RT (latency) problem for application running on another VM
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:12:28 +0800

On 2016年07月25日 23:03, Yan Fridland wrote:

Hello All,

Here is a problem I saw when I ran virsh start to a VM.

I have 2VMs on a server when one of them is running a RT application and the other is in shut down state. Then I executed "virsh start" to the second VM and saw 2-3 seconds later a big latency problem in my RT application running on the first VM.

I want to emphasize that the VMs use dedicated isolated cores of the server and I have the relevant configuration on the server and the vcpu pinning section of virsh xml.

Can anyone tell me why I experience such behavior and how it can be resolved?

I will highly appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Yan

I am not very sure, but I suggest you to add emulatorpin in xml file, then see results. actually,  all qemu associated process can use all processors via cgroup configure created by libvirt,

https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsCPUTuning