Re: [Qemu-discuss] [problem] QEMU-GA & Windows 10

From: Frank Sfalanga Jr .
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] [problem] QEMU-GA & Windows 10
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 18:24:58 +0000

Hi Dominique,

Thank you for your help.  I have added the requested XML and created the
missing directory, verifying the permissions and ownership exist for
libvirt-qemu:kvm as all the other directories do.  This should allow
libvirt to have write permissions, no?

Here is the error I'm receiving when trying to start the VM (it looks
like a permission issue):

Error starting domain: internal error: process exited while connecting
to monitor: qemu-system-x86_64: -chardev
socket,id=charchannel0,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/Windows10.org.qemu.quest_agent.0,server,nowait:
 Failed to bind socket: Permission denied
qemu-system-x86_64: -chardev
socket,id=charchannel0,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/Windows10.org.qemu.quest_agent.0,server,nowait:
 chardev: opening backend "socket" failed

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 96, in
cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 117, in
tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1162, in
startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 866, in
create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed',
dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to
monitor: qemu-system-x86_64: -chardev
socket,id=charchannel0,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/Windows10.org.qemu.quest_agent.0,server,nowait:
 Failed to bind socket: Permission denied
qemu-system-x86_64: -chardev
socket,id=charchannel0,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/Windows10.org.qemu.quest_agent.0,server,nowait:
 chardev: opening backend "socket" failed

Here is the ownership and file permissions for every directory off
of /var/lib/libvirt.  I had to create the channel/target/ directory and
sub

address@hidden:/# tree -dugp /var/lib/libvirt
/var/lib/libvirt
├── [drwx--x--x root     root    ]  boot
├── [drwxr-xr-x root     root    ]  dnsmasq
├── [drwx--x--x root     root    ]  images
├── [drwxr-xr-x root     root    ]  network
├── [drwxr-x--- libvirt- kvm     ]  qemu
│   ├── [drwxr-xr-x libvirt- kvm     ]  channel
│   │   └── [drwxr-xr-x libvirt- kvm     ]  target
│   ├── [drwxr-xr-x root     root    ]  dump
│   ├── [drwxr-xr-x libvirt- kvm     ]  save
│   └── [drwxr-xr-x libvirt- kvm     ]  snapshot
└── [drwx------ root     root    ]  sanlock

... did I miss something?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,