Re: [Qemu-discuss] Antw: Re: Antw: raw block -> RBD live migration

From: Nikola Ciprich
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Antw: Re: Antw: raw block -> RBD live migration
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:20:42 +0100

Hello Steffen,

> are the virtualisation hosts based on equal hardware (especially cpu)?
for the first case I reported, the boxes were identical. For the second
try I reported, target machine is a little different, but CPU supports all
the features of the source machine.

> What are the qemu parameters for the disks? Do you use virtio drivers
> and caching options?
for source machines I had caching disabled, as it's not safe for migration
For target ceph-based machines, I have caching enabled in writeback mode, and
as well as discard.

with offline conversion, everything went fine..

BR

nik

as for disk buses, it differs, some are IDE, some virtio-blk.