[Qemu-discuss] Building a Linux Arm disk

From: Jerry Stuckle
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Building a Linux Arm disk
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 08:49:01 -0500

Hi, all,

First of all, I'll admit I'm not a Linux administrator - just a
developer.  Right now I'm working on some Linux (Ubuntu) ARM-based code.
 While I can compile it on the ARM processor, it's not always convenient
to drag around the extra hardware.  So I decided I would build an ARM
emulator using QEMU on my laptop.

The only problem is, I can't seem to get it to work.  In my spare time
over the last couple of months, I've followed several different
procedures on the web (too many to remember, much less list), but with
no luck.

I can get Ubuntu cross-compiled (at least no errors), but can't get it
to load in QEMU.  Can anyone point me at a procedure that actually works
where I can get Linux installed?  Note that part of this project
includes device drivers, so I will need the Linux headers available.

I'd really appreciate any pointers.  TIA.

Jerry