Re: [Qemu-discuss] connect qemu to internet

From: Dale R. Worley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] connect qemu to internet
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 23:30:55 -0400

> From: Fatemeh Mehdizadeh <address@hidden>
>
> But another problem occure : I cannot ping hosts like google.com on qemu
> guest. It says "unknown host". Again I google for this and I found the
> message related to DNS error. so, I set dns in qemu guest (vyatta) by the
> command :

With "user" networking, the Qemu-provided network environment includes
a DNS server (as described in
http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Networking).  It is at 10.0.2.3.
It address is provided in the DHCP messages provided by the DHCP
server on that simulated LAN.

If you use "user" networking, I'd advise you to configure the
interface on the guest to obtain its network parameters from the DHCP
messages it will see.

Dale