[Qemu-discuss] Guest halt

From: Dale R. Worley
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Guest halt
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:27:22 -0400

I've noticed that when I tell a Fedora 19 guest to halt, it does stop
doing anything, but Qemu does not exit, which I would expect it to,
due to this in the QEMU Emulator User documentation:

    -no-shutdown

    Don’t exit QEMU on guest shutdown, but instead only stop the
    emulation. This allows for instance switching to monitor to commit
    changes to the disk image.

Does anyone know what is happening?  I suspect that the guest isn't
executing a halt instruction but is waiting for the hardware to power
down.

Dale