[Qemu-discuss] How to use a tftp connexion

From: johann guez
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] How to use a tftp connexion
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 14:26:01 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to use a network connexion in order to boot files on my virtual platform using tftp.
I'm sure the tftp server works well on my host and it looks like the  virtual platform doesn't acces to any network.

 I'm working with qemu 1.5.50 on versatile express cortex A9.
The command line I use is :
    qemu-system-arm -M vexpress-a9 -kernel u-boot -nographic -net nic -net user, tftp=/tftpboot

On the u-boot, when the environment is set and I try to load my binary file with a tftpboot nothing happens, just time out symboles. Do I need to set some other parameters on my guest before launching the simulation or on the command line? Or is there a better way to create a tftp connexion between my host and my virtual platform?

Thanks

Johann