[Qemu-discuss] Get real time dirtying memory ratio

From: Joaquim Barrera
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Get real time dirtying memory ratio
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:58:10 +0200

Hello guys,

As part of a project I am working on, I would like to obtain how "busy" is the guest memory. More precisely, I would like to know how many memory pages are being dirtied per time unit (second, ...).

In a migration process I am aware that this parameter, aka the dirtying ratio, is well known and used to control the downtime, and that a bitmap is used to map the dirty pages, etc.

My point is, there is any chance to, by a little mod or something, to have this dirtying ratio available all the time? I think about something that even libvirt can query as an additional parameter, just to monitor the guest health.

Thank you for all the time spent.

Joaquim