[Qemu-discuss] Overload system function through LD_PRELOAD / Stracing a

From: Alexandre LAURENT
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Overload system function through LD_PRELOAD / Stracing a program in a virtual machine
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:39:04 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have a library overloading system functions (like connect/open ...) that I am loading with qemu using LD_PRELOAD :
    LD_PRELOAD=./mylibofoverload.so qemu $qemu_params

Would my overloads be used in the program runned in the virtual machine ?

The second part of the question, which I guess is related is : does strace can see and trace the function runned in the virtual machine programs ?

Actually, I am not able to do that. I think that is because everything is runned through kvm, but is there a trick/hack allowing me to strace inner programs ?

Thank you,

Best regards

Alexandre