[Qemu-discuss] VirtIO net and disk performance

From: Gionatan Danti
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] VirtIO net and disk performance
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 09:44:04 +0100

Hi All,
I just finished to read Rusty Russel excellent paper on virtio-blk and virtio-net. In that (somewhat old) paper, Rusty noted that few benchmark were available at the time of writing.

I run myself some benchmark of VirtIO net and block driver on both CentOS 6 and Win2012R2 guests. I published the benchmark result on my site: http://www.ilsistemista.net/index.php/virtualization/42-kvm-virtio-paravirtualized-drivers-why-they-matter.html

I absolutely don't want to be intrusive; if you feel that is wrong to linking an external site, you are free to delete this message an/or the link.

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico