Re: [Qemu-discuss] Can QEMU be used on Mac OS X to emulate a one-core CP

From: Tony Su
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Can QEMU be used on Mac OS X to emulate a one-core CPU?
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 16:30:43 -0700

I don't run on a Mac, but a Google search verifies you can't set processor affinity.

But, it does look like you can do the next best thing which is to re-nice.

So, you won't be able to set  a hard restriction on CPU  resources but you can adjust related priority even to the extreme which can  ensure essential processes will continue to run even if lower priority processes come under heavy load.

Tony