[Qemu-discuss] video modes

From: David Oberhollenzer
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] video modes
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:40:07 +0200

My host OS is Arch linux with qemu 1.5.1 installed.

I'm using the qemu sdl display with option "-vga std".

When running a Windows guest, it automatically switches to the
highest possible screen resolution, which tends to be rediculously
large in comparison to my actual screen size and cannot be run in
fullscreen.

Also, the list of modes available to the guest, starting from 320*240
up, is quite long and contains many that are not in the list reported
by xrandr on the host system.

Is there a way to somehow limit the video modes to a maximum size? Can
qemu be made to just report actually supported modes, or the mode list
otherwise altered?

Thanks,
Dave