[Qemu-discuss] Newbie : What command line do I need ?

From: Mike Aubury
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Newbie : What command line do I need ?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 12:32:36 +0100

I've got a binary I'd like to be able to run - "file" gives :

ELF 32-bit LSB executable, MIPS, N32 MIPS-III version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

The file comes from a whole firmware package - so I'm using its 'bash'
command just to test things out..

I've tried running this with a multistrap environment and get :

$ qemu-mipsel -L /opt/multistrap  root/bin/bash
root/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.0:

(How do I set the equivilent of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for this ? )
I tried copying the libdl.so.0 into /opt/multistrap/lib - but it didnt help..

If I run from the firmwares "root" - I get :
$ qemu-mipsel-static -L /path/to/root  /path/to/root/bin/bash
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I've tried this on 64 bit and 32 bit hosts, tried the ubuntu standard
qemu, and the latest from the website.
I've tried setting the -cpu to all of the available options
All get similar problems..

Can anyone point me in the right direction  ?