[Qemu-discuss] netFlow generation with KVM and Openvswitch

From: nirmoy das
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] netFlow generation with KVM and Openvswitch
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 22:51:16 +0530

I'm trying to generate netflow packet rapidly from open vswitch. I'm using netperf -t TCP_CRR to get max netflow packet as it create new flow for every transection. I'm using openvswitch to connect VM machines.

SETUP1: two host with 1Gbps nic one VM on each,VM1 is a netperf server, another VM execute "netperf -t TCP_CRR -H VM1" 60 times simultaneously.

SETUP2: One VM as netperf server on one host, two VM on another host acts as netperf client. Both client execute netperf -t TCP_CRR -H VM1 30 times each

SETUP1 and SETUP2 both execute netperf 60 times but setup1 gives me more number of transaction/sec then setup2 . Can some one explain why its happening .