[Qemu-discuss] Controlling the guest VM interfaces

From: Embd Linux
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Controlling the guest VM interfaces
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 11:10:09 -0700

Hi,

Does Qemu provide an option to change the state of an interface on a running guest VM ?

To provide some context, I have the guest VM using macvtap interface on the host. When the pnic goes down I would like the guest VM interfaces to go down as well and bring it up when the pnic is up.

This needs two things, 1) macvlan driver first detecting the pnic going down 2) use that info somehow (either through the driver itself or a separate process) to trigger qemu to change the guest VM interface.

-Santhosh.