qemu-devel

Re: Add 'info pg' command to monitor

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: Add 'info pg' command to monitor
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:26:31 -0700

On 4/17/24 14:03, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
In looking at x86 code, I see the following places where there is page table
walking code to
potentially merge:

* target/i386/monitor.c - existing info commands

* target/i386/helper.c - get_phys_page_attrs_debug

* target/i386/arch_memory_mapping.c - implements get_memory_mapping

* tcg/sysemu/excp_helper.c: implements mmu_translate() and
get_physical_address()

One thing to keep in mind (although I don't know the x86 code) is that
you want the monitor command not to change any state, nor to fail if
there's a particularly screwy page table; so no flagging exceptions
or flagging accessed bits or changing the state of the tcg.

Indeed, the only one of the 4 that *is* allowed to change state is
excp_helper.c.

r~