qemu-devel

Re: Switching to the GitLab bug tracker

From: Stefano Garzarella
Subject: Re: Switching to the GitLab bug tracker
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 12:16:04 +0200

On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 11:58:45AM +0200, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 05/05/2021 11.55, Stefano Garzarella wrote:
On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 12:20:03PM +0200, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
On 5/4/21 10:43 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Mon, May 03, 2021 at 01:16:51PM +0200, Thomas Huth wrote:
As you might have already noticed by some other mails on the qemu-devel
mailing list, we are in progress of switching our bug tracking tool from
Launchpad to Gitlab. The new tracker can now be found here:

 https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues

Thank you for doing this, Thomas!

1) We likely won't have the possibility anymore to automatically send e-mail
notifications for new bugs to the qemu-devel mailing list. If you want to
get informed about new bugs, please use the notification mechanism from
Gitlab instead. That means, log into your gitlab account, browse to

 https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu

and click on the bell icon at the top of the page to manage your
notifications, e.g. enable notifications for "New issues" there.

All maintainers and most regular contributors should follow the issue
tracker so that QEMU developers are aware of new issues. Please do this!

An alternative mechanism is the RSS/Atom feed available by clicking the
"Subscribe to RSS feed" button left of the "New issue" button here:

  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues

You can also subscribe to labels of interest [*] going to
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/labels

For example in my case I subscribed to receive notifications
only from these labels:

- kind:Bug
- Storage
- pflash
- Fuzzer
- workflow:Merged

Cool feature, I also subscribed to some labels.

I was trying to assign a label, for example "Storage" to this issue:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/96

but I can't, should I have some special permission/role?

Yes, you need to be at least a "Reporter" in the members list of a project to be able to add labels. You can ask one of the owners (see https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/project_members) to add you as a reporter.

Thomas, Daniel, thanks for the hint!

Paolo has just added me as a "Reporter".

Stefano