qemu-devel

Re: Switching to the GitLab bug tracker

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: Switching to the GitLab bug tracker
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 12:20:03 +0200

On 5/4/21 10:43 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> On Mon, May 03, 2021 at 01:16:51PM +0200, Thomas Huth wrote:
>> As you might have already noticed by some other mails on the qemu-devel
>> mailing list, we are in progress of switching our bug tracking tool from
>> Launchpad to Gitlab. The new tracker can now be found here:
>>
>>  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues
>
> Thank you for doing this, Thomas!
>
>> 1) We likely won't have the possibility anymore to automatically send e-mail
>> notifications for new bugs to the qemu-devel mailing list. If you want to
>> get informed about new bugs, please use the notification mechanism from
>> Gitlab instead. That means, log into your gitlab account, browse to
>>
>>  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu
>>
>> and click on the bell icon at the top of the page to manage your
>> notifications, e.g. enable notifications for "New issues" there.
>
> All maintainers and most regular contributors should follow the issue
> tracker so that QEMU developers are aware of new issues. Please do this!
>
> An alternative mechanism is the RSS/Atom feed available by clicking the
> "Subscribe to RSS feed" button left of the "New issue" button here:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues

You can also subscribe to labels of interest [*] going to
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/labels

For example in my case I subscribed to receive notifications
only from these labels:

- kind:Bug
- Storage
- pflash
- Fuzzer
- workflow:Merged

What I miss is getting notified when new labels are created...

Regards,

Phil.

[*]
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/labels.html#subscribing-to-labels