qemu-devel

Re: [PULL 04/10] build: fix device module builds

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [PULL 04/10] build: fix device module builds
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 12:25:41 +0200

On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 11:01:43AM +0200, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> On 7/2/20 2:20 PM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > See comment.  Feels quite hackish.  Better ideas anyone?
>
> A better idea could be to investigate what and why gets into the variable.

I see paths prefixed by "../", which seems to come from recursing into
target directories and not properly handling -m there.

I think this stop-gap will do the job fine as long as we don't have
target-specific modules.

With the pending switch to a meson-based build system which I hope
simplifies all this I didn't feel like investing too much effort into
finding the real root cause.  Debugging the Makefiles is a PITA ...

I'm open to any hints though.

take care,
  Gerd