qemu-devel

Re: Adding a RISC-V board to QEMU

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: Adding a RISC-V board to QEMU
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 18:53:57 -0700

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 10:33 AM Yash Jain <yashjain.1999@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm Yash. I'm a 3rd year college undergraduate student, currently interning
> in IIT Madras in Project Shakti. We have built RISC-V boards and  I have been
> assigned the task to add these boards as machines to QEMU.
> I am absolutely new to this and have no idea how to go about this. Please
> help me out!
> One way I can go about this is by modifying sifive code to fit my
> requirements. Is that a viable option?

Hey Yash,

That's great news! I'm glad to hear you want to contribute and I am
more then happy to help :)

Your best bet is to find something similar and copy that. For example
if your machine (SoC and board) is similar to the SiFive U, copy the
QEMU sifive_u model and make changes as required.

Let me know how you go and I will help where I can.

Do you have documentation on what your board is and what it supports?

Alistair