qemu-devel

Re: [RISU 0/9] risu cleanups and improvements

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [RISU 0/9] risu cleanups and improvements
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 19:39:58 +0100

On Wed, 13 May 2020 at 19:09, Richard Henderson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> This patch set does alter the format of the trace files, and thus
> means we'll have to re-generate these.  However, the space saved
> for sve trace files is significant, so I consider it worthwhile.
>
> In addition, the new --dump option allows one to inspect the
> contents of the trace file.

Alex, would you mind reviewing these risu patches, given that they're
mostly trace related? (Also you're the one who'll have to regenerate
a lot of trace files :-))

Richard: if you feed an old trace file to the new risu, what
error message does it give?

thanks
-- PMM