[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH 05/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Don't return early in extract_t
Re: [PATCH 05/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Don't return early in extract_table_params() loop
Mon, 13 Dec 2021 11:33:17 +0000
mu4e 1.7.5; emacs 28.0.90
Peter Maydell <email@example.com> writes:
> In extract_table_params() we process each GITS_BASER<n> register. If
> the register's Valid bit is not set, this means there is no
> in-guest-memory table and so we should not try to interpret the other
> fields in the register. This was incorrectly coded as a 'return'
> rather than a 'break', so instead of looping round to process the
> next GITS_BASER<n> we would stop entirely, treating any later tables
> as being not valid also.
> This has no real guest-visible effects because (since we don't have
> GITS_TYPER.HCC != 0) the guest must in any case set up all the
> GITS_BASER<n> to point to valid tables, so this only happens in an
> odd misbehaving-guest corner case.
> Fix the check to 'break', so that we leave the case statement and
> loop back around to the next GITS_BASER<n>.
> Signed-off-by: Peter Maydell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Alex Bennée <email@example.com>
- Re: [PATCH 14/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Fix various off-by-one errors, (continued)
- [PATCH 03/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Remove redundant ITS_CTLR_ENABLED define, Peter Maydell, 2021/12/11
- [PATCH 04/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Remove maxids union from TableDesc, Peter Maydell, 2021/12/11
- [PATCH 05/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Don't return early in extract_table_params() loop, Peter Maydell, 2021/12/11
- [PATCH 06/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Reduce code duplication in extract_table_params(), Peter Maydell, 2021/12/11
- [PATCH 10/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Use FIELD macros for DTEs, Peter Maydell, 2021/12/11
- [PATCH 11/26] hw/intc/arm_gicv3_its: Use 1ULL when shifting by (DTE.SIZE + 1), Peter Maydell, 2021/12/11