Re: [Question] Regarding PMU initialization within the QEMU for ARM VCPU

From: Andrew Jones
Subject: Re: [Question] Regarding PMU initialization within the QEMU for ARM VCPUs
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 16:36:55 +0200

On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 01:48:10PM +0000, Salil Mehta wrote:
> (Maybe I should float the ARM VCPU Hotplug patches and let this
>  discussion be held over there?)

Yes, I think that would be best. Keep in mind that the 'pmu' CPU property
is just one CPU property that we require all CPUs to have, if any have it.
'aarch64' and 'sve' are two other examples. And, likely any CPU feature
that comes down the line that we want to use with KVM will fit that
pattern. I think the hotplug patch series will need to handle those
features in some way other than to push them all into machine properties.

Thanks,
drew