pyatcron-devel-list

Re: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Cron and the "*/45" entry

From: Brian Dee
Subject: Re: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Cron and the "*/45" entry
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:12:23 -0700

Basically, I think the choices should be:

 1) Run the task once at a given date and time
 2) Run the task every seconds
 3) Run the task every minutes
 4) Run the task every hours
 5) Run the task every days of a month at a given time
 6) Run the task every weeks at a given week day, and at a given time
 7) Run the task every months at a given day, and at a given time
 8) Run the task every months at a given week, a given week day, and a
given times (for example, the last friday of each month at 5 PM).
 9) Run the task every years, at a given date and time (for example,
each XMas at midnight).
10) Run the task every years, at a given month, a given week, a given
week day and a given time (for example, the first monday of each year at
8 AM).

2) and 3) could even be removed, as I don't why you would need them...
Yeah, I doubt anyone would need them. If they did, they could do it manually.

If anyone sees another use-case, let me know ?

My proposition of a GUI would be:

 - first, you choose between those 10 options (2 and 3 could be removed
and some might grouped together, like 7 with 8 or 9 with 10, resulting
in 6 options).
 - then, you configure it, by selecting the day, week day, time etc...
depending on the option chosen.

What do you think of that ?
Sounds great!