pyatcron-devel-list

[Pyatcron-devel-list] Some comments on Brian code

From: NICOLOVICI Xavier
Subject: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Some comments on Brian code
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:44:40 +0100

Brian,

I had a look at the code you've sent. Looks good, expect for some minor items.

1. Your inheritance path is a bit wrong, and it does not follow what I've draft
on the class diagram (A task is derived from a schedule, which is not what we
want).

2. Your setTime, setDate, set.... expect integer as parameters. We would like
to submit list of integers, which is easyer to handle from a GUI perspective.
Have a look at the class diagram updated by Matthew.

3. You have introduced the owner name of a task. I'm not sure this will have to
be handled from the GenericTask class. I would suggest to inherit from CronTask
to create a SystemCronTask. As a reminder, I would say that Cron has crontab
entries for users and one crontab entry for the system. Only the system crontab
contains reference to process owner.

Appart from that, I would like to rename the ScheduledTask, CronTask and
AtTask. Actually, it's a bit confusing with GenericTask and I fear hat in the
future we make some confusion. Here is my proposal:
* ScheduledTask becomes Scheduler
* CronTask becomes CronEntry
* AtTask becomes AtEntry
The inheritance path does not change.

Renaming that way makes things make things a bit smarter:
- a planed task will be a Scheduler with its associated GenericTask
- a crontab file will be a list of CronEntry with their associated GenericTask
- a one time archive command will be a AtEntry with its ArchiverTask.

What do you think? Does it make sense? If it does, someone could update the
class diagram?

Bye,

Xavier

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient only. If an addressing or
a transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by
replying to the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are virus free. However,
we cannot accept responsibility for any virus transmitted by us and recommend
that you subject any incoming e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.