pyatcron-devel-list

[Pyatcron-devel-list] Introduction

From: Brian Dee
Subject: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Introduction
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:35:25 -0700

Hey everybody! I emailed Julien and asked if I could become involved in this project and he graciously agreed and mentioned that I should post an introduction to this list. So, here it is!

I've worked as a (RedHat) Linux system administrator for the past few years. That's how I learned it and became more involved. I love to learn, and although I've broken a few things through my tinkering, I've gained good experience from fixing my mistakes. : )

I've been lurking on the fedora-devel list (and now the fedora-config-list) for a while now, trying to find something I could contribute to, and wanted to work on this for two main reasons.

1.) I love Python. I'm not a pro, but I've used it to build simple GTK widgets to use on our server.
2.) I thought it would be a great project to work on, where I could help make something useful for the community and learn some things on the way.

As you can probably tell, I haven't ever actively contributed code, etc. in the community. So, I don't know a lot about CVS and the other processes that are part of it all (I've downloaded source from CVS before and stuff, but haven't ever been part of a team where I contribute code). But I'm extremely willing and excited to learn.

I'm a computer science major at my local university www.weber.edu and hopefully will have my Bachelor's by the end of next fall semester. : ) So, I've been exposed to a variety of languages, operating systems, databases, etc.

On a more personal note, I've been married for almost seven years and have two wonderful children.

I look forward to working with you!!!

Thanks!!!

--Brian