pspp-users

Re: PSPP and visually handicapped

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPP and visually handicapped
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 13:30:20 -0800

Hi! I'm one of the developers of PSPP.

Your message was BCCed to pspp-users, which is a good place to discuss
PSPP. It was also sent to maintainers@gnu.org, which is not a good
place to discuss PSPP. I've swapped it around, so that now it is CCed
to pspp-users and BCCed to maintainers. This should result in the
right thing happening.

>From a look at their website, I see that NVDA is free and open source
software. As such, I'd be very happy for PSPP to support it, and I'd
accept contributions to add support. On the other hand, though, it
runs only on Microsoft Windows. I do not use Windows, and neither do
any of the other substantial code contributors to PSPP. This makes it
hard to add support for NVDA and especially to test it. So I think
that it is unlikely that PSPP will support NVDA soon.

If you find that PSPP does not support screen readers on top of a free
operating system such as GNU/Linux, please let us know. I believe that
the GTK+ library that its GUI uses does support accessibility
interfaces that should allow screen readers to work.

(On any operating system, I imagine that the PSPP support for
executing syntax files from a command line should work OK for screen
readers.)